Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I found an awesome lady here in our wonderful blogging world called Marlene http://mar1ene.wordpress.com/ that not only makes the most awesome cards but also her own jewelery. Pretty cool huh? Well she is celebrating her 1 year in blogging too and has and awesome bunch of goodies to share with one lucky winner. You have until Friday to enter.
I have found myself visiting her blog on an ever increasing basis so I have added her link to my inspiration central along with a few others I wanted to share with you. Be sure and pop over and visit. It will be worth it.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Comment #18 Silvia
Congrats and Happy !st Blogiversary!!!
How cool of you to offer up blog candy.
I posted a link on my blog www.sillyscrap.blogspot.com
Congratulations Silvia Email me your address to email@example.com and I will get your goodies in the mail asap.
Thankyou to everyone who left a comment. I had more this time around than ever before.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I haven't had a lot of interest/response with my blog candy in the past even though I do seem to get a lot of visitors. But I have not lost faith. This candy is going to be an ever increasing Blog Candy. In other words it will start with one item and every other day it will increase by one item until the end date comes round.
All I ask is that if you have a blog you post a message on it linking back here. After all the more the merrier right. If you don't have a blog no worries just tell some friends another way and leave a response here to say hi.
This Blog Candy will end on January 26th (Chinese New Year). This year is my year as it is the year of the ox and that was the year I was born. With this in mind if I get more than 20 responses there will be a few surprises in the package too.
Item One: A handmade Gift Set
Item Two: Sticklers & Glaze Pens
Item Three: Cat Stamp Set
Item Four: Flowers
Item Five: 7 SU Inspiration Sheets
This post will be edited every other day to show the next item I have added and will remain at the top of the blog until January 26th. Please scroll down for newer posts. Thanks and good luck.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I found the idea for this card on a blog I follow http://thescraproomblog.blogspot.com/ I get scrapbook kits from the company and have been a member for 6 months and have yet to make anything with what they have sent me. The papers and embellishments are so nice I just can't bring myself too. LOL. However one of my new year resolutions was to make the effort to use them and not let them gather any more dust. I know I got a little off subject. Anyway I read the blog cause they have some awesome stuff on there. Card and layout ideas. Recommendations and hints and sneak peaks. I just love it. Anyway The other week I spotted a card like this on there and decided to try one for myself. I liked what came about so much I then went on to make it in three different colors.
I changed up the design just a little. You see I am not a fan of cards that cannot stand up by them selves and the picture on the blog looked like it couldn't do that so I added an additional petal to the front of the card that allows it to stand.
Stamp sets used: (TAC) All Occasion Circles, (SU) Crazy for Cupcakes and (SU) True Friend
Cardstock: Neutral cardstock for the main base. Monochromatic DP and matching Cardstock in Real Red (other colors used were Wild Wasabi and Apricot Appeal)
3 inch for main card
1 1/4 inch for petals
Scallop circle (SU)
1 3/8 inch for happy birthday
1 inch for flower
Other embellishments: Dimensionals and Jewel brad for center.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
It makes me feel good inside to know that people who come and visit my blog really are enjoying what they see.
The first thing to do is to mention 5 things I'm addicted to:
- Stamping. I would do it all day every day if I could.
- Cherry Coke. I have to have at least one soda a day wether it's this or Dr Pepper.
- My computer. I spend too much time on here messing around but have very little to show for it most of the time.
- TV. It's my background noise of choice and of course I have to watch my shows.
- Chocolate. Another thing that has snuck up and become a daily habit. Gotta fix this one though. I eat way too much chocolate.
Now the hard part. To pick out 5 people to pass these on to. That's really hard because I love all the blogs I visit wether I just stalk or if I have chance to leave a message. There is just so many cool things out there in blogland to see. So with that being said and the fact that all my close blogging buddies have these already and just about everyone else besides. I am gonna have to be really lame and stop here. I would point you in the direction of my Inspiration list though as all these blogs and the people who write them are totally awesome.
Monday, January 19, 2009
1. A spoon full of sugar challenge #34
2. CMBH Sketch #4 (this is a group I belong to)
So I used Joani's sketch and the challenge for A spoon full of sugar was paper piecing. I'm posting this a little late tonight so am not sure if I will make it in time officially but it was a cool challenge to try and do. One of the major problems I have with the challenges is the time element. How people keep up with so many of them on a weekly basis is beyond me. LOL. Personally I don't always get the chance to sit at my craft desk when I want to and by the time I get around to them they are already over. Do you have that problem?
Anyway onto the card:
Stampin Up sets used were: Loads of Love, Making Tracks (wheel), Say it with Scallops
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, DP unknown
Other embellishments and tools: Black stitched ribbon, Scallop punch
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Image is from Whiff Of Joy
Sentiment is Hero Arts
Cardstock is Basic Black and Whisper White.
Paper is from Hobby Lobby (Sorry I forgot the brand)
Real Red ribbon
Star is from Archivers
Thursday, January 8, 2009
* Anyway I just wanted to let you know about an awesome blog candy giveaway over on Rach's blog. http://papercraftsbyrach.blogspot.com/ she makes the most beautiful cards. I love stopping by there to see what she has made. Yes Rach I am one of your stalkers. I very rarely have time on my hands to post on this blog let alone others. Sorry. So if you want to enter her blog candy or just want to check out her awesome cards, go....It's definitely worth the trip.
* Also my wonderful friend Joani http://joaniscardsmadebyhand.blogspot.com/ also has a pretty wonderful blog candy offer going on right now too. She has hit 35,000 hits and is celebrating. I am a big fan of her cards. Go check out her blog and all those cute cards she makes.
* But wait that's not all cause Lim also has a blog candy giveaway too. http://lim-thevoicesinmyheadlimblog.blogspot.com/ . she too make lovely cards and I enjoy stalking her blog also. So here's another one for you to check out. Keeping you busy today aren't I.
* Ok this is the last one...for now. You just have to pop over to Michelle's blog. http://donkeysmiles.blogspot.com/ She has a valentine theme blog candy giveaway. She has the most awesome blog. I love her cards but I also adore checking in on her donkey's. The are so cool. Great blog, great candy what more can I say.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
Good news is that tomorrow we will be painting so hopefully very soon I will be back and busy. I do have a couple of things to share with you just in case it takes a while.
This is a picture of my kids on New Years. The clock in the background says 12.02 am they were very excited to be allowed to stay up this late. I hope everyone had a great New Years and I wish you all the very best for the coming year.