Monday, June 30, 2008

Belated Birthday + Candy Opp.

I made some time today to sit in my craft room and make a card. I haven't really felt like it until today but hopefully this will be the start of many more to come. I also made a Stampin' Up order with my friend which I hope will be here by the weekend and give me something else new to play with too.


This was my first play with my High Hopes stamps. I felt sure the first one I would ink would be the gorilla but as soon as I got this fella I knew I had to play with him. I saw a card on another blog http://artfullyila.blogspot.com/2008/05/high-hopes-may-project-of-month.html and was sold on this guy straight away. I just love High Hopes stamps right now. They are just so darn cute.


Cardstock is Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and Orchid Opulence. I used my SU watercolor pencils and aqua painter. The bag of nuts I cut out and used a dimensional. The scallop at the bottom was done using the slit punch. Finished with 2 black brads. The sentiment inside the card says "I can't believe I forgot".



EXTRA, EXTRA!!!!!!

Found some awesome blog candy on http://donkeysmiles.blogspot.com/ I have been watching this blog for a little while now and she is very talented. Go check it out. Blog Candy is only going on till Friday so hurry.



Hugs
Nic

5 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card Nic. Glad to see your still making the cards.
Cindy

Sonya said...

How adorable is he!! what a cutie Nic. I love the colors of the card. I cant wait to see you use the gorilla:)

Barb said...

That card is a charmer & it was love at first sight when I saw that elephant. Have to check out that site.

Gabby said...

Aren't High Hopes stamps adorable! I don't have any yet...but I love the works that I've seen with them! Love your card!

Ila said...

This card is Super Cute and Fabulous!! love your coloring and great layout!!
Thanks for mentioning my card!!...Hugs, Ila