Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mushroom Baby Quilt


What do you make the baby of a video game designer?

Dear friends of ours are expecting their first baby. Hubby and I are very excited for them and I wanted to make them something special. We tossed around a few ideas before settling on a Mario mushroom.



It needed to feel soft and cuddly for baby so I used soft minky dot fabrics in black and white. For the other colors I got sesame street flannel. Can you spot cookie monster, Elmo and big bird?



I had to draw it out to begin with so I knew how many squares of each fabric I was going to need. turns out there was 320 so it took a while. The whole thing was hand sewn together and then hand quilted to finish. Once I found out it was a boy I was able to bind it in blue.

Thanks for looking

No comments: