Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quilted Coasters


Firstly I need to apologise for my long absence. Things have most definitely been getting in the way and it isn't over yet. We are currently in the process of having the inside of our house painted. They are doing pretty much everywhere so everything is a little upside down and I have a lot of unwelcome stuff in my craftroom getting in the way of my creativity. Once these guys are finished we are getting a deck put in the garden. At least that is outside so I can get on with putting the inside back together.



In the meantime I thought I would show you something I made last week. I actually made use of my sewing machine (first time this year) to try out making my very own quilted coasters. I got the instructions and template from a sewing calendar I got for Christmas. I enjoyed making them so much I think I might make them for everyone on my Christmas list. The instructions show you how to make a full set of 4 coasters. I used Christmas material, a pretty pattern, a green and a red. I am really happy with how they turned out.

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These turned out great and they would make perfect gifts! :)

Sonya said...

You are so crafty Nic! I just love those..I'll take some with a froggy pattern! LOL

I bet your house is going to look wonderful when it's done..and a deck! wow now thats nice. I love decks.