Friday, May 15, 2009

Rocking Gift Card Holder



Last weekend Hubby asked me if I could make him a gift card holder for a friend. He said he was going to by an XBox points card for it. The first thing that comes to mind is Rock Band. I looked on splitcoast for some ideas as gift card holders come in all shapes and sizes. I settled on one that had a link to a blog with step by step instructions.


The instructions were awesome, you couldn't go wrong with them. My initial idea for a rock band theme took a minor detour when I grabbed some Elvis paper I had lying around. I bought it back in California before we moved back here and have had no luck finding anymore here in Texas. I sure will miss it once it's all gone.



The stamp set is from Inkadinkadoo it's called Rock Star which kind of fitted the theme perfectly. The sentiment is from Stampin Up. Cardstock is brocade blue so is the ribbon. I finished it with silver metal dots from colorbok. I'm very glad with how it turned out.
*
Thanks for looking
*
Hugs
Nic

3 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

It's awesome nick, I love the way you did it and just the right feel to it as well.
Hugs Cindy

Bev said...

Wow, this is fabulous! The perfect gift for a man x

Sonya said...

What a super cool card! I've been needing to make gift card holders and this is what I was after:)