Monday, October 3, 2011

Coasters And Placemats


My long time best friend Alyson (we've known each other since we were 5) recently moved into her first home. It has been a long time coming due to the bad economy and skyrocketing house prices in the UK. To celebrate the special occasion I wanted to hand make her something for her new home.


She absolutely loves the color blue, has for as long as I can remember. So with that in mind I set about looking for blue fabric. I found this gorgeous remnant in a beautiful deep blue at Hancock Fabrics and scoured the fabric aisles till I matched it with a lighter fabric for contrast.
 


I made my usual pin wheel coasters and then incorporated the pinwheel into the design for the place mats. We went back to the UK during the summer to attend a family wedding so I was able to give them to her in person and see her awesome new home.

Thanks for looking

Hugs
Nic

No comments: