Thursday, May 22, 2008

Letter L Card

I really enjoy Alphabet swaps. Trying to think up something different for a specific letter of the alphabet. They are a lot of fun. Some of the letters are really tough to come up with idea's for and others you can have so many ideas you are spoilt for choice. I have done one of these swaps on Joani's group and have been slowly working through another on Gabby's. Unfortunately Gabby's group is closing due to a lack of members. It is a shame, they were a very talented group of ladies. I'm sad we are not going to make it to the letter Z but we did make it to L and here is the card I made for it.


I chose L for leaves this time around and decided to try a little something that I have been meaning to do for the longest time. I punched the whole thing. The only stamping I did on this project was the crackle background. The scalloped oval is a sizzix die I used in my cuttlebug. The tree is a punch and the leaves are a punch. I have to tell you my hand hurt for a week after making 4 of these cards. That's a whole lot of leaves to punch. I put the tree through my zyron but the leaves I used a sheet of tiny glue dots. I think I got more on myself than the leaves as it is very sticky stuff but the tree looked really good when it was finished. Cardstock colors are mainly chocolate chip, more mustard and old olive. The leaves however are a bunch of different greens too many to list. I finished it off with a circle paperclip and some real rust looking ribbon.
Thanks for looking
Hugs
Nic

1 comment:

Barb said...

I just love your tree & all those little leaves, really nice.

smiles, Barb