Friday, July 24, 2009

Mojo Anniversary Card



This week I finally found some inspiration. It came in the shape of the sketch over at Mojo Monday. I have been wanting to join in for some time but this is the first time I actually pulled my finger out and did it. I used wild wasabi as my card base. Then regal rose with a pretty DP from the blossoms and butterflies stack from DCWV. The yellow is more mustard. Not sure on the ink front. They have slipped my mind. I masked the image which is from a really pretty set from Inkadinkadoo.



I had a lovely surprise come this week in the shape of a sewing book that my friend Lucy sent me. She is awesome, I don't think there is anything she cannot sew. She is inspiring me more and more to sit at my sewing machine and try stuff myself and this book is her sewing bible. It covers everything. I have been so excited reading it. So I will be sewing in the not so distant future. After a visit to the UK that is. We have to head over there to sort out visa woes and will be taking full advantage of the chance to see family and friends. Things may be a little quiet on the crafting front but I will try and pop in with some pictures of Wales for you to see where it is that I come from originally.

I picked up a couple of card kits recently from my friend Sarah so if I can grab some quiet time and actually get off facebook for a while I should have something crafty to show you before we go heading off over the ocean.

Thanks for dropping by

Hugs
Nic

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh Nic I am sorry you have to make atrip because of some stupid mistake. Although you get to see family wich is a huge plus so not all together a loss it's just frustrating when you do everything you are supposed to only to find out that someone else has not.

I love this card and gosh Im going to be asking you questions about sewing now. I need to find the book in english over here. I wish I had the time and money to pop over into Wales to see you. I think this will be the closest we will ever come to eachother! LOL

Helen F. said...

Great card, I really like how you used the masking technique with this pretty stamp..lovely!