Thursday, October 1, 2009

Emboss Resist Christmas


More Christmas cards. I am playing catch up with these. Would you believe I missed the deadline for Tracy's challenge by just one day. I was very excited by this one I must say. I got to do one of my favorite techniques.



The challenge was to choose one technique from the following 5 techniques and complete 5 cards.

1. Spirelli - String Art
2. Shaving Cream
3. Faux Linen
4. Emboss Resist
5. Cracked Glass

Well, I chose Emboss Resist. I just love the effect once it is finished. Stamp sets are Snow Swirled and Best Yet from Stampin Up. I used Purely Pomegranate ink, cardstock and ribbon for this card. I am very happy with the result, I think this is my favorite so far.



The Extra-Giga punch made my circle and SU large oval and scalloped oval was used for the sentiment. I dry embossed the white and sprayed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist to give it a little sparkle. I posted double pics as one shows up the embossing pretty well and the other you can see the shimmer from the mist.



* I entered these cards in two challenges this week. A Spoon Full Of Sugar has a Christmas theme and ABC Challenge has an Embossing theme. My cards fitted both these challenges. It has been a while since I was able to join challenges. Isn't coincidence awesome. Thanks for looking

Hugs
Nic

11 comments:

silvia said...

Gorgeous cards!~!

Tracy.H said...

Wow! These are beautiful!! I am so glad you still posted them. Wow again!! :0)

Sonya said...

I can see why this is your favorite Nic..the cards are beautiful!! I love it aswell. I havent had much luck with that technique as of yet but Im going to give it another try:)

Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Unknown said...

HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards Nicola great techneque!! and wow a production line too! thanks for joining us on the ABC challenge, Samantha :0)

Jeanette said...

These are stunning. They are so elegant!
Hugs Jeanette

Helen said...

Beautiful cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Mandi said...

FAB cards striking design and colours

mandi xx

Barb said...

These are elegant & very stunning Nic.

Victoria said...

What a beautiful card you have made I love the embossing.

Thank you for joining us on ABC this fortnight

hugs Vicky

ps I have candy on my blog if you are interested x