Friday, October 23, 2009

Finding Nemo


I just love this movie don't you? There is a story attached to this card so let me tell you it. I will make it as short as possible. I was looking at stamps online one day a couple of months back and came across this cool one with seagulls at Whipper Snapper and thought to myself that it would make a cool card if ever they chose Finding Nemo for the Cinema Saturday Challenge so I promptly put the stamp on my wish list where I then promptly forgot about it. Till that is I checked the challenge for this week (Challenge #54) and lo and behold there was Finding Nemo as this weeks movie choice. Straight away I went and ordered the stamp as I really really wanted to do this card. Today it finally arrived and I quickly made this card. There was a color guide for it that I totally missed in my excitement and I'm not completely sure I like it 100%, simple cards are very hard for me these days. I keep looking at it thinking somethings missing. My sentiment is improvised and I know that in the movie the birds apparently say "mine" not "mate" but it suited the card better.

Thanks for looking

Hugs
Nic

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Nic I LOVE that movie and this card!!! Im the queen of simple cards and let me tell you there is nothing "simple" about this card! I love the color combo..very crisp and clean looking. Great job!

Tracy.H said...

Very cute! :0)

Sankari W. said...

OMGosh!!! HOW perfect is that!!! LOVe that when you saw the stamp you thought of us!!! HOw sweeeeeet!!!! I love that scene with the mine mine mine!!! You are too cute that you sent for it right away and your card is perfect Mate!! !I LOVE the sea gulls and totally wanted to do that for my card but couldn't figure out how to make it work! :) Yours is perfect!!! Thank you so much for playing along Nicola! I hope you had fun playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday and will join us again!!!

Big hugs!
Sankari :)