Monday, June 29, 2009

Springy Christmas

TCC#6

I finally did Tracy's monthly challenge before the deadline. Here in Texas it has been over 100 degrees every day this last week so making Christmas Cards felt a little weird. I am so glad I am keeping on track with these though. At this rate I should have enough to send all handmade cards out this year.



This month Tracy's challenge http://tracyshappyplace.blogspot.com/ was to make 5 cards all using the same main image. This time though the challenge was to use a different fold. So I decided to try out a fold that caught my eye a while ago. It's called a spring card. Because when you take it out of the envelope it's supposed to spring up by itself.



I had a lot of fun making these cards. Cardstock is a tempting turquoise color and the paper is Heidi Grace. The image is my favorite little monkey Changito. I used my extra-giga scallop circle punch which was the perfect size. You can find the step by step instructions here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/spring_card/
*
Thanks for looking
*
Hugs
Nic

2 comments:

Julie Temple said...

These are just adorable! I love Changito, and your "springy" card is so cool!

Hugs,
Julie

Tracy.H said...

These turned out great!! Nancy did this spring card for the challenge too. Thanks for playin'. :0)