Friday, January 11, 2008

Image Connection


Today's card started out for someone specific and is now an 'I don't want to part with it cause I love it'. LOL. My friend Gabby was very kind when we moved house a couple of months ago and sent me some images. I was temporarily without a lot of my stamping stuff due to it being on the back of a moving truck and she wanted to inspire me. Well it didn't exactly work at the time but recently she sent me the most beautiful polka dot ribbon. My favorite color is GREEN and because of that she new I would love it... and I do. Anyway it came to my attention that the lady in the image had the same pattern on her dress as my ribbon. Well it was a match made in heaven and there was no stopping me.

The card stock is Stampin up Gable Green and Pixie Pink. The paper is from Provo Craft slab 6 (Yes, I've had it a long time!). The Happy Birthday stamp is Stampabilities. The scallop edge around the image actually came about by punching 4 scallop squares and taping them together as I didn't have anything the right size and I don't have the best luck with straight edges with my scissors (I have my eye on some larger Marvy punches, I'm just waiting for the right money off voucher). The ribbon and the image as you know was a RAK. I would love to know what you think.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh Nic you did a beautiful job on this card! That ribbon is to die for! it all works perfect together..I wouldnt want to give the card up either! lol

Joani McDonald said...

Nic, You did a great job. I love it. I was getting tired of "christmas colors" and this is a spring-y card!
Love it!
Hugs,
Joani

Maria said...

Hi Nic,

Your card is beautiful! I love the green and you did a wonderful job coloring the image. BTW. . .the image is from "My Favorite Things" not Bella. MFT have awesome images too!

As for not swapping. . .not to worry, instead of swapping, I'll be RAKing. . .so don't be surprise to see one of my cards going your way!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Maria