Monday, January 28, 2008

Mirror Image

Well with my Valentine mojo being on temporary vacation I thought I would try tackling something different to see if it helped. Change is supposed to do you good right? Anyway, last week I stepped up to help a friend in need and cover some of her swaps while she is recovering from a nasty fall. I had to use the reflection technique. I have never tried this one before so was a little unsure. I found the tutorial on SCS and it was very helpful.

The card stock is 'not quite navy', 'bordering blue', 'more mustard' and white. I stamped the image in black ink on the white card stock and again onto acetate like the instructions tell you. Once I had both images on the card I used my new SU watercolor pencils to color it in. I used my aqua painter on the bottom half to make it look like it was water. I cut all the different card stock to size and distressed the edges with my bone folder. I then rubbed the edges of the white card in the 'not quite navy' ink and 'more mustard' ink around the bordering blue card. I mounted all the different layers together and used my new Crop-a-dile for the first time to place the jumbo pewter eyelets. I threaded hemp cord through and tied it then mounted the whole thing on dimensionals onto the 'not quite navy' card stock. I was quite pleased with the results.

I think that's everything. Oops, almost forgot the stamp set used was the wonderful 'Serengeti'. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Dang Nic,I wish I was getting this from you..I just love it! Arent Crop-a-dile's neat? I've been going nuts with mine..just wish it reached further. Love your card and the technique you used it so cool!

Joani McDonald said...

Nic ~ your card is great! I love this technique, but have done it only once. Great job!!!
Hugs,
Joani