Monday, January 21, 2008

Emboss Resist Technique

My friend Gabby introduced me to this technique and recently did a tutorial for it on her blog (http://confessionsofastamper.blogspot.com/2008/01/embossing-resist-with-tutorialmy-way.html). I fell in love with this technique straight away and just had to make time to try it out. It is alot easier than I thought it would be. I am usually a technique phobic if something looks like it will take a long time or be too fiddly. I do love embossing though.

I used my favorite color for this card, green. The card stock is Old Olive and Whisper white. I used SU 'Doodle this' for the main image and an inkadinkadoo Happy Birthday stamp. I versamarked and clear embossed both images and then grabbed the cotton balls and Old olive ink pad. I distressed the edges of both the white piece and the inked one using my bone folder. I used a 1 3/8 circle punch for the sentiment and my SU scallop punch on white card stock then stuck the one on top of the other. I put organdy ribbon across the middle and mounted the scallop piece on dimensionals in the middle. Voila! I am eager to make some more of these. It was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Well I already told you how much I LOVE and I mean LOVE this card! brillant work my friend:o)

Joani McDonald said...

Wonderful~I've got to get some clear EP to try this. Great job Nic as always!!
Hugs,
Joani