Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gorilla Time

I have been wanting to use this stamp ever since I bought it. I joined a swap on Joani's MSN group called 'multi stamp' swap. The main image of your card had to be done using more than one stamp. In total I think I used 4. I haven't used the masking technique for some time so it was a lot of fun to do.



When I was done stamping I colored my image in using my watercolor pencils. Not 100% happy with these. I am considering getting watercolor crayons instead. The main cardstock is an espresso color from Archivers. The ribbon is real red. DP is from a provo craft super slab. I stamped the present a second time on a piece of real red, cut it out and mounted it on a dimensional. The leaves are stamped on garden green. The sentiment was stamped then torn around and I brushed a chestnut brown colorbox chalk inkpad over the edges. My hubby asked if I would make a similar thankyou card for him so I changed the sentiment and left off the gift for his.



The bananas, gift, leaf and thanks sentiment are from acrylic changito sets and the gorilla, background and gorilla sentiment are all from High Hopes.

I entered this card into a blog challenge over on Cute Card Thursday. http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/ Challenge 19.

Thanks for looking

5 comments:

AngelRenee said...

I love these stamps. I can't wait to get some. You did an awesome job on this card...

Barb said...

Love what you did with these stamps, those cards are absolute charmers. I like your coloring.

Smiles, Barb

Sonya said...

I guess I dont need to tell you how much I LOVE that Gorilla stamp! fantastic card Nic:o)

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, love the scene and fun sentiment, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Lucy Wilson said...

Great card nic! Perfect for the "GORILLAMAMA!!"