Tuesday, July 29, 2008

With Hearfelt Sympathy

This is not a card I enjoyed making. Don't get me wrong. The card, I think turned out really well. I just don't like having to make sympathy cards. I feel upset for their loss and the turmoil of emotions that comes from losing someone important in your life. It's just really hard for me to detatch from that. At the weekend we lost a long time family friend on my husbands side of the family. She lost her battle with breast cancer. I made this card for her partner. She will be missed.xxx



The cardstock is regal rose and black. I actually rose romance instead of regal rose and old olive inks to water color the image. It would appear my set of rich regals is older than I thought. The stamp is 'riot of petals' from stampin up. To achieve the sentiment I used 2 different stamps and my key tag punch. I then mounted it on a piece of regal rose and used my corner punch to make the corners match the key tag. Regal rose ribbon and brads finish the card.

Hugs
Nic

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm very sorry for your loss Nic. I can understand your feelings for not wanting to make those kinds of cards. It's very beautiful though..very tastefully done and elegant.

Joani McDonald said...

Nic I'm sorry for your family's loss. You've all been through so much this summer.
Please take care of yourself too!
Hugs,
Joani

Joani McDonald said...

Nic ~ on a happier note:
I'm not sure if you have time but I just awarded you! See my blog for details!
Hugs,
Joani