Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Flower Card & ATC

Boy it feels good to be back in my craft room. Time to catch up on swaps. This one is for a swap in Joani's MSN group - Cards Made By Hand. I have been a member now for almost 2 years. Her group was a lifeline for me when we moved to California and even though we are now back in Texas I am very grateful for her friendship and the friendship of others I have made via the group. Next Monday I will have been on the group 2 years. Might be time to celebrate.LOL.

Anyway back to the card. I went looking on SCS for ideas and this is a case of a card I found on there. I used the Stampin Up sets True Friend and warmest regards. For the swap I had to make a matching ATC. I am not a fan of ATC's but don't mind doing the occasional one as part of a swap. The Cardstock used was Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou and Groovy Guava. The ink colors were Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou and Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi The flower on the card is the same size as the ATC the only difference is the added layer of flower in Blue Bayou with the Rhinestone sticker. Other tools used were paper piercer, white gel pen and distressing tool. Here's the link for the card I cased: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/765679?cat=11096

2 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

Nic, let's just say that I'm glad that your a member. I love all your creations! And this one is so pretty! I love the In Colors I wish they would not leave!
Hugs,
Joani

Sonya said...

What a beautiful card! love that set. Im with you though, not a fan of ATC's at all..yours looks great though1