I finally got around to trying out this technique. I've been wanting too ever since they put the tutorial on SCS. It was a swap on one of my groups and I thought I would give it a try. Proved very fiddly and a little frustrating. I decided to make a couple more than were required for the swap but wished I hadn't when it came to all that folding.lol. Anyway I'm really pleased with the outcome and the paper I chose. I had alot of it as I bought extra for my Christmas cards last year then never got around to following through with the idea. Oh well there's always this year.
Here's the link to the tutorial if your interested:
Onto the card. The cardstock is old olive and real red. The DP is SU and called Dashing I think it was retired from the winter idea book. I used my 1 3/8 circle punch. it fitted perfectly inside a 4 square block and I had just the right amount left for the background. One 12 x 12 sheet made 4 cards. I finished the flower off by placing a colorbok silver metal dot in the middle of the dahlia.
Thanks for looking.