Monday, April 28, 2008

Mother's Day Cards

On one of my many trips to Archiver's I saw the prettiest card on display. For those of you who are not familiar with this store they have projects and idea's all over the store to help inspire you. A card caught my eye one day a few weeks ago and I immediately bought the stamp set they had used with a plan to case the card. It took me a while to get around to it but the other day I finally got around to going back and buying cardstock, ribbon and stickers to help me complete these cards. I made 8 in total. Mother's Day is in March in the UK so I will put a couple away for my mum and Paul's. I hope when the time comes I remember I have them already made.LOL. Here's the link to the card I saw http://www.archiversonline.com/ideas/ideas.asp?cat=holiday_cards&img=hoC_08Momsday3_T.jpg. I rotated the card for my version.

I used a baby pink Bassil cardstock for the base of my card. I did not remember to get the actual name of the color, sorry. Other colors used were Basic Black and Whisper White. I cut the black to size and attached it. I also cut the white to size. I then stamped in black the large flowers top left and the small flowers bottom right. I used my SU watercolor pencils on the flowers and then the aqua painter. Once dried I went over the flowers once again with the pencil. I then went over the petals with a stardust gelly roll pen to add a little glitter and make them sparkle ever so subtly. I also used Pretty in Pink ink to randomly stamp a little flower everywhere. The center of the flowers had different sized Stampendous silver dot sparkler stickers placed in the center of them. This piece was then ready to mount. I stamped the centerpiece two times for each card. Once on the pink which I then punched out with my Marvy Giga scallop oval punch. The second time I stamped it on white and cut out the middle to fit inside the punched out pink. I put another sticker on each flower and cut 2 pieces of ribbon to attach to the back. This was then mounted on the card using dimensionals to make it stand out.


Thanks for coming by to take a look.


Hugs
Nic

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Wow another beautiful card! the colors you used work so perfectly together.