Monday, April 7, 2008

Yeehaw!!!!!! Finally!

This is another one of my swap choices for this time around. We had the Rodeo here a couple of weeks ago and it inspired me to have a western themed swap, aptly named Yeehaw. LOL. I then went on to totally blank on what to do. Well when I say blank it was more I had too many ideas than not enough and could not decide what I wanted to do. I had a look in my cupboard and picked out my Bronc Buster and Wanted sets. Then I headed to SCS. As soon as I saw this card I just knew I had to try and case it. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/762363 It's awesome. I just loved the look of it from the moment I saw it. I followed the link to her blog and found many more cool cards http://justgivemestamps.typepad.com/ she is going into my inspiration list for sure.

So here are the details for my card. Cardstock was Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou and a cream color I had from a Michael's multi-pack. The cowboy was versamarked and clear embossed on the cream cardstock. I then went and used my 1 1/4 punch and punched a spare piece of card. I used the hole to sponge a blue bayou moon and I used the cut out to sponge chocolate chip, close to cocoa and just a little blue bayou over the rest of the card. I then distressed the edges and ran a brown marker over them to hide the cream color. My back panel was achieved by stamping the canvas background stamp in blue bayou and the paisley from the wanted set in choc chip onto a piece of blue bayou. On a spare piece of blue bayou I stamped the star. I then sponged every piece of card stock I was using on my card to give it a well worn look. I wrapped hemp cord around the back piece and stuck it to my card base. I don't have any sponges so all my sponging was done with cotton balls. I mounted my image onto blue bayou and then choc chip. I paper pierced the choc chip piece and after punching out my star I attached it to the image using an antique brass brad. I then stuck the the entire thing to the card using dimensionals. It was a lot of work and took a few days to finish due to chores and family time but I am very pleased with the outcome. Thanks for coming by to take a look. Be sure and check out those links.
Hugs

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Nic that is one stunning card!

Joani McDonald said...

OMGoodness! That card is awesome! You did a super job Nic. I love it! Now, I've got to pull that set out!
Hugs,
Joani