Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Little Girl Card

This one was inspired by a card that my mother made for me over 25 years ago. Gosh I feel old saying that. I have fond memories of helping my mom cut out the pieces to make them for friends and family. They were very popular. This one she made just for me. It has 1981 written inside, this was the year she made it for me. I will not tell you how old I was at the time as that really would be giving my age away ;-)LOL.

Here is a pic of the original card my mom gave to me. As you can see it's a little worse for wear. I still love it though to this day. It carries alot of happy memories for me.


And this one is mine. My card base is Always Artichoke. The piece of white cardstock was cut down slightly smaller and I then scored a border. I then colored the border with a marker. I used the original card to trace the shapes I needed for the girl. I then made a template for each using cardboard. Once I had decided on my patterned paper it was fairly easy to find colors to co-ordinate. I had some ribbon that was very close to the artichoke color that I used on the hat. I also found some mesh in one of my (I must keep that cause I know I'm gonna need it one day) boxes. I used it for a little underskirt. A flower with a brad finishes this trip down memory lane.
Thanks for looking
Hugs
Nic

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh Nic what a beautiful card your mom gave you and the one you made is just so sweet! I love it. I am going to CASE this if you dont mind..wonderful job.

Barb said...

Wow, I just couldn't take my eyes off these 2, I just love them both & can't decide which one I like best.

Joani McDonald said...

How adorable. That so reminds me of a doll I had when I was little.
That's a special keeper for sure.
Hugs,
Joani